Re: [TCML] Prepare a Hot Dog

Hey Dex...

I tried to "cook" a hot dog with my BIGPIG coil ( along with several other food items) , unfortunately all it did was create a couple of arc channels inside the doggie, which did become carbon tracks ( so I guess it got hot ;) ) but the overall temp of the doggie was still cool on the outside except for the entry/exit points of the arc. I ran the coil at full power ( 14KW) for about a minute on each food item ..... the orange turned out to be the nastiest of the bunch.... the inside had a strong ozone smell and was mushy to the touch along with being more brown than orange in color. Marshmellows caught on fire, banana was warm but no distinct change, apple had brown channels throughout its body ( this is what made me believe that contact with streamers is a bad thing) and the weirdest results has to go to the raw egg in the shell, partially cooked egg whites with carbon arcing along the inside of the shell and pin holes where the arc entered/exited the eggshell. Things that you dont "streamerize" are full cans of WD40, rubber bat wings, anything alive ( including yourself).

Scot D

Dex Dexter wrote:

What is the most efficient way to prepare a hot dog
with currents from output of SGTC?

I tried to see if I can cook one hot dog sausage
with currents from output of 100 W SGTC,experimented
with few set ups,but no success (sausage cool).

As I expected 100 W coil is too weak for the job,
but what are the minimum power requirements then?

Thanks for your input!

Dex