Re: [TCML] Is my 10" Tesla Coil Illegal ?

Hi Joe, All,

Pupman archive searches of "conducted emissions", "RFI", and "Faraday cage" all got hits going back as far as 1996.  Based on my 20 seconds or so of exhaustive research, I'd say yes, RFI and related subjects have been discussed previously on the TCML.

This in no way detracts from the current thread.  I find a 10" hobby coil capable of disrupting garage door openers, TV reception, and intrusion alarms for blocks in every direction most intriguing.  I'm also a bit envious.  All my lame SGTC does is repeatedly cycle my wife's bedside touch lamp through it's 3 brightness settings.

Cheers,

Gregory R. Hunter
TCML Moderation Team