From: "Paul Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] spark gap substitute...?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:15:45 -0500

The data sheet show maximum frequency of 2kHz.
I bought 2 supposedly 1400 volt 90 amp SCR's but when I asked for
documentation for these claims, none were forth coming. I went ahead and
sent them back for a refund, not wanting to try anything at voltages like
these if I weren't certain about what they could handle.

The only number I can find for them is AA750CRG120BX25 and they do not have
any manufacturer information on them at all. They look nearly identical to
the IGCT's in that ad but this number doesn't match anything this company
has for anything they make. I looked all over their web site, since it
doesn't have a search engine. I have also searched the Internet for hours
and found exactly nothing.

Does anyone know anything at all about these SCR's, if that is truly what
they are? The guy I bought them from was going by what someone "told" him
and he doesn't have a clue.

I would appreciate any help because if they really are rated 1400 volts at
90 amps, I would still like to have them.
Paul
Think Positive