Re: [TCML] Primary Secondary Coupling

Typical first turn of sec is 1-2" above pri.  It depends on your coil sec
dia and inner pri diameter.  JAVATC can do all this for you and it's free.
Shoot for a final k value of 0.12 to 0.14 for a classic coil.  Slightly
looser coupling usually produces longer sparks with class coils.

Typ primary coil support is 1/2" wide (white Delrin plate) x 1" high x
length required (JAVATC will calc number of turns required.  I usually add
two more beyond this.  A ball nose cutter in a mill makes fast work of
cutting the tubing supports usually 1/2 to 5/8" deep in the Delrin.  Try to
cut depth so top is level and tubing will "snap" into place.  Keep the
tubing roll rolled up as you work your way around just expanding it slightly
as you go --- usually leading by 3/4 - 1 turn with the hand expansion.

Contact me off-list and I will email you two design aids I use with JAVATC
--- makes data entry very easy.

Dr. Resonance