From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jon Danniken
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:02 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] MOT wire question

Jim Mora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cut the filament wires as close as possible and use them for B+
> feeds in vintage guitar amp repair which I have been doing for
> survival funds;-) I believe it is Teflon under the cloth cover. It
> keeps the vintage looks too.

I've never had any trouble removing them from any MOT core.  The trick is to

nip the end hardware (usually spade females), then tug on the other side of
the wire end with a pair of long nosed pliers.

Once you pull it through, you continue the process, which becomes easier as
more wire is removed.  I've never seen any damage resulting from this
procedure.

Jon