From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Mastroianni
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 10:54 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: EXTERNAL: [TCML] New Video

Mods made per TCML - except I have not yet removed the strike ring and covered the primary with a polycarbonate disk.  I'll do that as soon as I can get to TAP Plastics and pick up a disk, later this week.

Have discovered that using a dual breakout strategy seems to yield the best results in terms of arcs not heading directly for the strike ring, which can be seen much lower than previously.

There is an apparent arc between turns of the primary close to the end of the video (appears like a camera flash - there was a sharp report to my ear, which didn't come out in the video).  I probably need to do some more tuning and perhaps adjusting of the primary coil to be more perfectly concentric.  I have spliced in and soldered 3 additional pieces of 1/4" tubing since my early attempts (about 30' additional, on top of about 40' to start - those outer rings take a lot of tubing), and those pieces weren't necessarily very circular after I wedged them in.

I think it's starting to look pretty good.  Thanks to all who are helping, particularly Gary, John, and Dan, and let me not forget Fritz and Phil.  I'm taking all your suggestions, and integrating them. These results belong to you, too!

Still using the old SRSG, as I'm awaiting parts from McMasterCarr for the new one.

Enjoy.

Joe

Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx