[TCML] IGBT paralleling

Greetings all,
So, after a bit of researching I've noticed there are IGBTs on Newark with exactly the same ratings as some of the SSTC approved IGBTs, but at 1/10th the price. What makes these others so special that they are better, and if it is just a matter of peak current ratings, since IGBTs are gate driven, can we just parallel a few to get the required pulse current rating? I ask because I've not heard of anybody doing this, then again I've only begun to research SSTC a little bit ago. Just musing.

Scott Bogard.