Re: [TCML] Propeller gap V1.0

Looking great so far Joe!
You should definitely be proud of those results.
Really only 2 MFD/uf on the run cap?
Im surprised you get any adjustment at all, I needed 65 for mine.
One thing I forgot to mention before is a really easy way to check your
range of phase adjustment is with a cheap adjustable strobe light from a
party supply or music store.
Mark one side of the flying electrode with a sharpie, adjust the strobe
until the electrode appears to be still and you can differentiate the marked
side from the unmarked side, then adjust the inductance to the motor and
you will see the actual full range first hand as apposed to squiggly lines
on a scope.
It works very well. Unfortunately it is impossible to catch on camera
because the effect falls between frames.