Re: [TCML] TC Application - Neighbors

Ha!You'd think you would have to only worry about the nearest neighbors!A couple of years back I was chewed out by a neighbor who lived at least 700 feet down the road from me and its not as though I live in a development or anything.I live in a wooded section of Cow Hampshire and this guys house isn't even visible from the backyard.This wasn't a high powered coil either (piggy backed 12/30 NSTs).Funny thing is that he frequently used to drop by and say hello whenever he saw us in the yard but that night he was terrified of setting foot on the property and did his yelling from the street.Let's face it we're definitely a rare breed and most people just assume we're up to no good.Sound proofing the spark gap could save a lot of headaches for those living in tight quarters. Wyatt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Garretson <garretsontech@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:26:17
Subject: Re: [TCML] TC Application - Neighbors

This should probably be in a new thread but heres my two cents.
My 12/60 powered SRSG coil puts out 104dB measured from 15'.
Your only concern should be those immediately adjacent to you.
Unless your neighbors have their windows open or you live in an old folks
community, it would not likely be disruptive to anyones indoor activities.
Certainly not as disruptive as those idiots who let their dogs bark
incessantly.
If they are outside or you see them before you run it, let them know you're
about to perform an experiment, they may want to witness it first hand and
will very likely appreciate it regardless of the noise.
My situation is great, with the amount of fireworks my neighbors shoot off,
they cant say boo about my coiling.