From: "gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 7:28:55 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] 1st Run

Looking at your photos it looks to me like you have 4 neons in parallel. I think
you have too much power for a 4" secondary coil.

What size wire are you using on your secondary coil?

I think you should build a larger secondary coil using larger wire.  I built a
6" TC once with 4 neons it was too much so I changed it to 3 neons. It burned
holes in my secondary coil that looked like your photo.  I was using 15K 30ma
neons.

Build a larger secondary with larger wire. I think your secondary should be no
smaller than 6" diameter maybe 8" for 4 neons and no shorter than 3 ft tall 950
turns of wire.  I don't know what size wire your using but if you have plenty of
wire you can wind 2 wires side by side and connect them in parallel at each end
to make a taller coil other wise you need to buy different wire.

Check out my 6" TC it only has 3 neons in this photo.  I built this on the work
bench connected everything together with aligator clip wires for a test.  It was
making 52" streamers.  The cap is .01 up.  It has a RQ spark gap with 8 gaps and
a variable speed vacuum fan.  I had a ferrite choke coil on each HV terminal
wound with 35 turns of #14 copper insulated house wire.
http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tc3.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tc4.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tesla2.jpg