Re: [TCML] Pole pig ( does it never end? )

Hi Joe,

Yes, pole pigs aren't so easy to find these days, at least not within
the budget of a typical coiling hobbiest. As others have mentioned,
DC Cox occasionally gets a batch of them and will often have a few
for sale at his "Cheesehead Teslathon" in September. I have a source
that I can turn to although it's been several years since I've bought
one from them. Seems the last time that I bought one, it was around
$350 for a rebuilt  10 kVA, 14,400/120-240 volt single phase unit.
When I say rebuilt, I mean the external tank looks like it just rolled
off the assembly line and of course, all of it's internal windings are
brand new ;^)

Perhaps if your location was reasonably close to west Tennessee/
north Mississippi area, I could get one ordered for you? Also, Ca-
meron Prince in northern Alabama may still have that unit that he
was trying to sell.

David

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Mastroianni" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:27 AM
Subject: [TCML] Pole pig ( does it never end? )

Guys ( and you are, mostly)
I've been searching the archives the past three days for clues of sources of pole pigs. Lots of data available but also dated - like 5 or more years. I wonder if there's any recent info. For instance has anyone recently acquired from Solomon or T&R? Temco is literally within an easy driving radius. Are they a source?

I could start cold calling these suppliers but like most technogeeks I find that form of human interaction to be abysmal and would much prefer to know apriori that I will reach a friendly ear ( or to just use email )

Any help much appreciated.

With kind regards
Joe

Tesla mailing list