Re: [TCML] MOT mystery arcing

I once had a bad primary coil to cap arcing problem that was cause by a
carbon trace that burned itself through the framework of my 4 inch coil.
Not just an inch or two either. I followed the arc and it traveled an inch
through the air from the cap to the frame, then about 10 inches through the
plywood frame (horizontally, between lamination's) to the point where the
pri coil passed down below.
I was able to find the entry and exit points because all my stuff is white,
if it were black I wouldnt have figured it out so fast.
The original cause was a steel screw that attracted energy from the cap,
even after removing the screw that carbon trace was a very favorable path
for energy from the tank circuit.
I have since designed a lower profile MMC and it is long longer an issue.
Perhaps the arcs are originating from a place less obvious.
If it isnt an issue of component to component arcing, perhaps you need to
tank your MOTs in mineral oil.