Re: [TCML] Terry filter quick questions

1) If both wire-wound and film resistors were available with
comparable ratings, I would choose film, but I don't think I would be
able to justify that, analytically.  Since 100W film resistors are
rather uncommon, wire wound units are commonly used.
2) The resistors, in combination with the caps, form a low-pass R-C
filter, to attenuate VHF high voltage transients from getting to the
NST.  The resistors without the caps would not do this; the resistors
must be used with the caps.  The long story if available on my NST
protection circuit web page:
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/protection.htm
3) The recommended resistance is 1000 Ohms or 1K Ohm, not 1000K Ohm.
A 100 Ohm resistor would not be effective, and a 1000K (1Meg) resistor
would waste more power than it passes.

Regards, Gary lau