[TCML] SSTC half bridge

Hello,

I am planning on building a SSTC, driven by a half bridge of
POWERMOSFETs. Searching the archives and the web, I found two
topologies:

a.          +340 V

         upper FET

                 *------ primary coil-----
                 |                                    |
          lower FET                         = dc blocking capacitor
                 |                                    |
             GND                             GND

b.         +340 V

                 *----------------------------
                 |                                    |
          upper FET                        =  dc blocking capacitor
                 *------ primary coil-----*
           lower FET                        = dc blocking capacitor
             GND                            GND

What are the pros and cons for these circuits? Could somebody please
enlighten me?

Regards,

Herwig