Re: [TCML] New Coil

Could that really be correct?  Using the javatc tool it suggests my primary inner diameter to be only 1.5" greater than the secondary form (a difference of .75" radius), and to obtain .14k coupling the lower end of the secondary is .5" below the primary.  I worry when the primary and secondary is that close; should I?

________________________________
From: John Forcina <forcijo10@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, March 8, 2010 1:22:52 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] New Coil

If i read correctly in this photo,
http://www.cmnow.com/TeslaMan/Toroid/tn1.htm You plan to have your primary
coil 4" That is going to be way too low and your coupling between your
primary and secondary coils will be very small allowing very little energy
transfer into the secondary coil.  I recommend you plug your coil specs into
Javatc http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html .  Adjust your primary
height and diameter and adjust your primary coupling to about K=.14