Re: [TCML] Transductors for current limiting

Wow, thats exactly what I'm looking for! I will do some experiments on this.

Stefan

----- Original Message ----- From: "DC Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Transductors for current limiting

yes, we do this very procedure using an old 10 kVA core that we strip all
the windings off of. We then rewind the two outer legs with 90 turns (total
split between the two legs), and use a 32 VDC 10 Amp power supply which
energizes a winding on the central core leg. This gives us total and smooth
electronic control from 0-70 amps at 220 VAC.

It works excellent and eliminates our older method of using a gear motor to
move the core in and out of the coil.

Dr. Resonance

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:06 AM, teslalabor@xxxxxxxxxxx <