RE: [TCML] Idle musings about surge suppressors

Most of them are just that... MOV's  When I found that out, I built my own with 3 heavy-duty MOV's on a piece of perfboard, then
covered the whole board in a chunk of heat-shrink tubing... wound up with a module as big around as a small matchbox, with one red,
one black, and one green wire coming out of the end... total cost, under $10.
(black to phase A, red to phase B, green to neutral/ground bus bar.)