Re: [TCML] How close is close enough? (Primary capacitance)

Brandon Hendershot wrote:
Hi Brandon,

As far as whether to go higher or lower than the recommended
capacitance, If irc, you want to go higher than the desired
capacitance because it's easier to take away some of the capacitance
than adding some. I don't know exactly how you would fine tune the
capacitance, but I assume it involves soldering on an extra smaller
cap to decrease the capacitance a bit. Opposed to desoldering and
removing a cap from your MMC. Hope that helps.

To remove a capacitor in a series string, just short out it's leads with a jumper.

Jon