From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of mddeming@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wed 3/24/2010 7:15 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] General Questions About a Pig Powered Coil(andanIntroduction)

Hi Tom,

The quarter wave requirement is a total MYTH! It has been shown time and again, in the archives here and elsewhere, both mathematically and by physical measurement that it is a MYTH. Only a few diehard "Holy Defenders of the Luminiferous Aether" still cling to this hogwash.

A TC behaves with some of the characteristics of a 1/4 wave resonator, wrt voltge and current distribution, but this is tied to the L and C values, h/d ratio, topload size, and only indirectly to wire length. It is almost unfortunate that a moderate size coil of average proportions CAN be made with a length of wire that turns out to be approximately 1/4 wavelength long. This is what keeps the "True Believers" ever faithful.

Matt D.

'