Re: [TCML] Terry Filter Perf Board

Agreed. I tried making an MMC with perf board with the "copper pads". There were sparks running all over the board with my 15/30 only dialed in at about 50-60 volts. I just got a piece of plexi and drilled my own holes. It's cheaper than a big piece of perf board, and it looks really nice.
Brandon

On May 3, 2010, at 6:08 AM, "Gary Lau" <glau1024@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree with Dan, using the board with the copper pads increases the
likelihood of arcing between pads, particularly in the area of the MOV's. You might be able to salvage your board by taking a large diameter drill bit and removing the pads (both sides) BY HAND in the area of the MOV's, and any other smallish components. Then drill out the copper barrel with a bit just
larger than the hole diameter.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Wm A Tickhill
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:43 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Terry Filter Perf Board

Dear Gadget Guru's

After Completing My First Basic Coil ( 9k/30 ), I Have Started Building A
BIGGER More Involved ( 15/60 ) Coil.
While Assembling My Terry Filter It Occurred To Me That The Perfboard I Used ( the kind with little copper pads at each hole ) Might Have Been A Mistake. Will The Little Copper Pads Arc Across Like So Many Little Spark
Gaps?
Any Guidance Is Welcome.

Thanks, Hairball :)