Re: [TCML] Terry Filter

I agree with the advice of not running a coil without a secondary or other
load to dissipate the power.  This only applies to running with the cap
charging and the gap firing.

However, the safety gaps can (and should) be set with only the NST running
into the filter and an open circuit.  Having said that, if using an RSG,
it's very possible that the safety gaps will need to be opened up beyond the
NST open circuit voltage, in which case the remedy is to use a larger
capacitor value.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA