Re: [TCML] Ball Lightning

Might have come from paint, vaporized metal or cable insulation. If the grounding was bad, then wind creating static electricity on the tower might be the problem. I have been jolted twice from a Huey while hooking up sling loads, and I watched one guy get hit simultaneously from each skid when the aircraft was coming in for the pic. Helicopters can build static fast, and wind blowing through a tower and guys can do so as well.

I don't think peizo electricity would factor in unless there was ground deformation or seismic activity in the area. Wisconsin hasn't had a quake since 1934 or 39.

David Weiss

From: "DC Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I agree that carbon and fine metal powder has been found to be the source in
many cases, but it does not apply to this case.

The guy wires were very high up on the tower, some at 200 ft level, 400 ft,
and 600 ft.  There was no carbon this high up as the engineer who actually
lived with his family in a home next to the tower base (he maintained the
transmitter in the base as well) used to climb the tower to replace lights
and reported nothing unusual in the form of metal.  This tower ws on a 900
ft high hill area of solid quartzite though.  Possible peizo connection?

These balls would get large, then move from the V area sometimes finding and
following the power lines.  In one case they came thru a wall into their
home area and scared the entire family who was watching TV?

After the tower was regrounded due to lightning problems, it all stopped.

DC