Re: [TCML] MMC

I would, though I would need to get a couple more in order to get the proper voltage rating/value.

I'm guessing I could run at 0.01uf as for static spark gap circuits with a 15/30 NST the 0.0082uf value is recommended (has been on TCML)...perhaps being 10% out wouldn't be that bad given the tolerances are marked 10%.  But to get the voltage rating I'd need to create 2 parallel strings of 2 to get 40000V at 0.01uf.  Otherwise, I'm down around 0.005uf which seems pretty close to resonance with my 15/30 NST.  So the issue is whether or not I want to spring for 2 more or not.

But after coming back from the maker faire and seeing the UCSC musical tesla coil guys perform, I'm quite energized to get my coil to first light...and it would be cool to know if those Chinese models can withstand the usage...

 >Since you already have invested in them why don't you try the Chinese capacitors and report experience for us?

Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx