RE: EXTERNAL: Re: [TCML] Massive VTTC!!!

Actually, you are not switching filament to ground.  You are disconnecting (interrupting) the Cathode from ground.
The filament always remains on through the AC transformer.

Dan

Staccato can provide improved performance for just about any tube coil,
provided you have the right sort of supply.  The advantage comes in when you
have a doubler arrangement (like that which is found in a microwave oven)
and you have transformers that either have leakage L built in, or added.
This allows you to get slightly elongated pulses.  If you don't use staccato
you hardly gain anything from having the doubler arrangement.   I modified
the staccato controller from Steve Ward's site to allow me to switch the
filament to ground slightly earlier in order to have the tube grounded for
the entire ~15ms pulse.  I get 36" from a single 833C.

~15mS Pulse Scope Shot
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/4580086498/

My VTTC
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/4775775599/