[TCML] Fw: Massive Vttc!!!

Thanks for the tips.
For those that requested more information, here it is:

Primary 3/4" copper tubing, 10 turns tappered first turn 20" diameter last turn 30" with 1/2 inch between turns.

Secondary is 10 ft long and 16" diameter, 5 turns per inch, 600 turns.

Tank cap is 0.0168uF (ceramic) rated 60kv 300A rms.

Valve is 4CX15000A.

It is configured as an armstrong oscillator with a "tickler coil" at the base of the primary / secondary (currently 1 turn of 1/4 inch tube...)

Power supply is 10kv 5A DC from a 3 phase transformer rectified with 6 diodes.

The coil is also audio modulated which is why we chose to use rectified 3 phase for the power supply (smoother DC means less distortion to the sound)...

For this we use an audio transformer connected to the screen of the tetrode, and a 500 watt audio amplifier connected to an Ipod or similar.

During most tests we have only been running a variable dc supply on the screen 0-750v, so we can control the output gradually.
Although the system is good for 50kw continuously, we have only run it upto 35kw.
At 20kw input the arcs are about 2 ft long, and at 35kw they gain about 6" and just get fatter...
I am only running 0.1A on the grid although the spec says 0.28A for full class C.
I have run it at 0.28A grid current. The arcs turned orange and became more flame like, but they also got shorter, so I went back to the lower grid current...

Thanks for the tip about considering the winding direction of the secondary coil to the tickler coil... I will have to check this, however my tickler coil is at the base of the coil, so I'm not sure if it would matter or not...?

The other thing that has been on my mind is the lack of turns on the secondary...
I know with standard coils the turns ratio is not so important, but I am wondering since this is CW if the turns ratio may be more important...?
Any comments about this?

Thanks,

Carlos