[TCML] thyratrons

Hi there,
does anyone have any experience using thyratrons in place of spark gaps?

I am wondering if they would be suitable to create a musical tesla coil with a suitable interface...

I have a large rectified 3phase 10kvdc power supply that I want to turn into a musical tesla coil. That is to say, one that has a varying pps rate in harmony with the music that is fed into it (via a suitable interface...)

Thyratrons was my first thought, but maybe there is a better way to do it...?
Any one got any ideas?

Thanks,

Carlos