Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 11:28 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Coil V4 fail (additional)

Stephan,

The mH figure is for just the ballast. You need to measure it with a DVM
which will hopefully be accurate enough.

If your ballast core is very big (size wise) then the DVM may not be
sufficient to excite it and you may have to put a 50hz AC voltage through
it.

Note: This should be a LOW voltage, not the mains voltage, else it may well
blow something  if the ballast is adjustable and it is set at too low a
figure initially! It must be at 50Hz though.

Regards

Phil

www.hvtesla.com