Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] First run

I think you have too many MOV's.  It won't affect performance, but it won't
adequately protect.

The MOV you used appears to be a beefier version of the one that Terry
originally used, with the same voltage specs, but better power and current
specs. As you noted, the max voltage is 1465 VDC or 1000 VAC, RMS. If you
have a 12kV RMS NST, 12 of these MOV's would just come in under the wire.
Cranking up the Variac or setting the gap just a bit too wide would violate
the MOV spec.  So use the next even number - 14 MOV's total.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA