R: [TCML] Visit to Milan (sort of Tesla related story)

It was nice to me too. I wait for you in your next visit.

Vladi

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] Per conto
di Liviu Vasiliu
Inviato: martedì 12 ottobre 2010 22.56
A: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: [TCML] Visit to Milan (sort of Tesla related story)

The last 4 days I was visiting Milan for a professional meeting (ESMO
congress), so I have the great occasion to visit Vladimiro Mazzilli, in
Settimo Milanese, as planned since 2009. After a few phone calls I was
very happy to find him at home. He demonstrated a few of his well known
mini TCs and have a great time together. Thanx Mazzilli, this is the
first time I meet a foreign coiler in person. ...and a few pics of
course:

Mazzilli demonstrating his EL509 VTTC:

http://img829.imageshack.us/i/mazz1.jpg/

I would give an year from my life for this picture:

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/mazz2.jpg/

Mazzilli demonstrating his pulsed FET DRSSTC. This is the first DRSSTC I
ever knew from early 2001 (tuned primary tank and primary feedback),
long time before the work of Jimmy Hynes and Steve Ward.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=teslina#p/u/0/Udxe0nbVnTE

http://www.pupman.com/current/vladi2/mosfet.pdf

After a lot of Tesla-related talks, Mazzilli and his wife guided me
visiting the Milanese Museum of Science where I've seen some awsome
things

http://img508.imageshack.us/i/mazz3.jpg/

Some big Brown Boveri alternators driven by steam engine:

http://img820.imageshack.us/i/brboveri.jpg/

Big bipolar tesla coil with a segmented gap. Mazzilli told me that in
'50 this model was functional and it was one of the museum atractions.
Now it is incomplet and just collecting dust.

http://img135.imageshack.us/i/mazztes1.jpg/

Details of the primary coils:

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/mazztes2.jpg/

The segmented gap:

http://img139.imageshack.us/i/mazztes3.jpg/

Electromagnetic pendulum:

http://img251.imageshack.us/i/mazzz7.jpg/

Telegraphy apparatus:

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/mazzz8.jpg/

A reproduction of the first Volta battery model:

http://img831.imageshack.us/i/mazzz9.jpg/    and more, more things....

It was a nice trip. Hoping to see you again Vladi!

teslina