Re: [TCML] Coil V5 - first light

Scott -

My coil that I am referencing is the one that has been used for many years
for the various 'Lightning Guy' and 'Miss Electra' stunts, notably the
appearances either of us (myself, or Danielle) have made on various TV
programs (Most recently "Superhuman".) Yeah, it's pretty well 'built like
a tank', and has survived shipping to many places around the globe. (And
shippers aren't exactly 'careful'...)

The Tesla coil itself stands about 48" overall, so 72-78" discharges
'ain't too shabby'. I'm running it with a 100:1 dry potential transformer
(driven into core saturation, but hey...)

You can catch a few glimpses on my website; www.thelightningguy.com  Do a
Google image search on 'Danielle' + "Miss Electra" + Tesla coil to find a
few featuring the 6-foot discharges off our hands. Just don't try to
attempt this yourself. (Yeah, I know, but still...!)

- brent