Re: [TCML] Re: Dummy load for optimum cap size Experimentation

Hi Binny,

I don't think the electrode fouling is a significant problem in this
experiment.  I suspect the time span for the output to significantly
diminish due to fouling is much longer than my experimental run times.  The
nice thing about the sucker gap is that the electrodes are really easy to
clean.  I'm not sure exactly what the failure mode of the electrode was, but
I don't think it was carbonization, as there's no carbon anywhere near the
electrodes.  Just pitting, I suspect, and that's likely to happen in any
kind of gas.  Now if you were able to fabricate a _tungsten_ sucker gap
electrode, that would be sweet!

Jon, concerning your report of apparent power diminishing after 30 seconds
of operation, can you describe the gap some more?  A single pair of pipes,
or multiple pipes?  With significant forced airflow through the gaps?  What
power level?  If it's really high powered and not a lot of airflow,
electrode heating could explain it.  My sucker gap electrodes are stone
cold.

I've uploaded a couple more photos at http://drop.io/garylau showing the
experimental setup and gap electrode closeup.  If you hit DOWNLOAD after you
click on the thumbnails, you can zoom way in.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA