Re: [TCML] Need Information - Small NST powered coil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel H McCauley" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 9:57:37 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Need Information - Small NST powered coil

Excellent.  That’s good information.
For a small minicoil that’s about 12" high, check out the minicoils which were done by several members here on the TCML say about 6-7 years ago.

The original minicoil was done by Gary Laus using a 4kV/38mA open frame NST.
His version can be found at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/laushaus/tesla/

My version of the same NST powered coil can be found here.  (Schematic anyways)
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/resources/minicoil_fullschematic.pdf

This should definitely point you in the right direction.  Hardest part for these designs would be getting the open frame NST as Franceformer has discontinued them I think.

Dan
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com
DRSSTC Kits, Audio Modulation, Class-E Plasma Speaker Kits
Thank you Dan. I will put the information to good use...

Dan I purchased a pamplet 7, or 8 years ago that cast $7.00 or $8.00. It was not solid state. It had eight or ten schematic drawings of AC and DC units.
I have very little knowledge on the subject, and think the best way to get started is reading about the subject, see some simple designs (schematic) and make a small unit about 12" high.....Thank you