Re: [TCML] Questions on the Freau SRSG Phase Controller

For testing the phase-shifting behavior, I've found the easiest thing is,
assuming you have a scope, tape a small magnet to the motor shaft.  Place a
pickup coil (something with maybe a couple hundred turns) beside the magnet
and connect the coil leads to the scope input.  Set the scope sync to "Line"
so the sweep is triggered by the mains phase.  When the motor is running,
the pulse train generated by the magnet sweeping past the coil should shift
as you vary the phase-shift Variac.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA