RE: [TCML] 715B VTTC

Some snipage: Hi Valdi, There are several things wrong in using the 715 for
a VTTC. The main problem is the 65W of anode dissipation. Over the years ( I
have been playing with VTTC's since the late 50's), I have tried several
tubes. I feel the low mu power triodes are the best. Tubes like 833, 304TL,
5868 are good choices. Tubes like 811A, 813, 3-500Z all worked ok, but not
as well. The flying lead 3cx3000 tube is a beast. It requires forced air
cooling, and a large filament xmfr. There are some great Russki power
triodes. I have an RY-10 and it's a monster. Water cooled anode and large
"standoff" distances. Valdi, I really think you should keep looking. James