Re: [TCML] Largest Secondary Coil "Drivable" by Primary Circuit

Hi Brandon,

I'm not sure what you mean by spark quality?  You can increase the secondary
size and keep the input power level the same, and still obtain the same spark
length and quality if you keep the same toroid size the same.  The sparks might
not look as impressive relative to the secondary size however.

If you increase your input power, but keep the secondary size the same, yes
you'll get more sparks.  To fully take advantage of the increased input power,
you'd need to increase the toroid size however (depending on the initial toroid
size... there's always a caveat).  Spark length is very dependent on toroid size
(and on input power of course).

If a secondary is too small for a given input power, you'll get racing sparks and
various secondary coil breakdowns.  You can increase the input power and
toroid size, and get longer sparks, until all the bad things start to happen.

Cheers,
John