From: Phillip Slawinski <pslawinski@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Apr 2, 2011 7:13 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] CW magnifier

John,

I think I know the coil you're referencing here.  That coil doesn't use

staccato, at least not in the sense that the filament is grounded to turn

the coil every few mains half cycles.  That coil has a special power supply,

not a mains frequency transformer for the B+ supply.  The pulse rate is

pretty low, about 1.5pps I think.

-Phillip