Re: [TCML] MOT stacks

On 12/27/11 3:39 PM, jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have access to 240V but I do not have access to a variac that can handle it. So I will just run each off a slightly diminished 120 as I have several variacs that can handle 50+ amps at 120.

I guess I will test each mot tomorrow, anyone have any ideas on how I could test the inductance of the secondaries?
I would run 0-120 into the secondary and then measure and graph the current voltage relation to extract the total impedance . primary shorted.
Am i guessing correctly on how to do this.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jimlux/hv/xfmrmeas.htm

I am guessing that knowing much about the primary coil is not all that necessary, as its the secondaries that should be matched inductance/voltage wise as well as the total power capability of each.

The two are magnetically coupled.. it's really both you care about.

Measuring the current as you vary the voltage doesn't tell you the inductance, but it does tell you when the core starts to saturate.