Re: [TCML] 4'-5' tesla coil sparks?

Jay,

I was told by the person in the shop/warehouse that I was talking to an instructor at RIT and yes the conversation was about a Faraday cage for the Van de Graaff. I don't recall a name.

I have done Tesla coil demos at a local school and welding supply store without a Faraday cage using my 6" coil putting out 6 to 7 foot arcs and had no problems with computer systems, computerized welding equipment or fire alarm systems.

Good luck.

Ed Wingate