Re: [TCML] Pole transformer

You can put a low voltage IN then use your VOM to get what comes OUT.  6 or 12 VAC in would be a good start you can not hurt the transformer with such a low voltage.

A 12 volt car battery charger output is pulsing DC your VOM will show output of about 6 volts AC.

If your HV transformer steps up 220 to 12k ratio = 54.5 so 6 volts in will give you about 327 VAC out.  You should be about to figure out wiring with a few minutes of experementing.