Re: [TCML] DC tesla coil

On 6/1/11 6:17 PM, S&JY wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jim Lux
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 3:50 PM
Jim - good question.  I tried using two triggered spark gaps, but I couldn't
find a way to keep them from firing at the same time--with disastrous
results--even though the triggers were alternating with lots of dead time
between the triggers.  So I gave up&  used the dual-gap RSG solution.

could the gaps "see" each other? i.e. did the UV from one gap illuminate the other (and trigger it)..

Or could there have been some sort of transient coupling?