[TCML] ***** My real tip for all coilers *****

*****    My real tip for all coilers  *****

Everyone wants the biggest sparks - right?
My opinion: Don't think of a TC as just an exercise in getting the longest sparks. My longest spark photo on my home page is about the 43rd photo/video down because it doesn't matter.

Spend money on a better camera/video/flash/tripod. Do something different, take some fabulous photos. Google "Tesla coil" images. I currently have 20 of the top 100 photos there. As it happens my longest sparks picture is about number 100. Many are of sparks or streamers are only 1-3 feet long but in the context of an Xmas tree or car thief protection or sparks in a pool that is fine. All of my techniques are easily reproducible and were trivial compared with the original construction of the coil. After years, I have still not seen a decent rotating breakout picture done by anyone else.

Peter
www.tesladownunder.com