Re: [TCML] the ir2110 mosfet driver chip for sstcs?

The IR21xx chips are really popular for high voltage SMPS, but they take
some care when using.  I hear people having lots of trouble with them
burning often, and it's usually because they either exceed the output
current rating (2A isn't a lot) or they allow the output side to dip
negative during switching transients (this is usually due to poor layout).
I strongly recommend reading the following appnote by IR:
http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-978.pdf

I've never tried using them for a SSTC, but I imagine it would be pretty
tricky.  You'd have to balance the need for low gate lead inductance (to
protect against negative transients and preserve good rise time on the gate)
with the need for decent isolation between the delicate control electronics
and the H bridge.  Personally I would go for a truly isolated gate drive
scheme, using either galvanic or optical isolation.

-Mike