Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Tuning

Hi Cole,
Your cap is way too big for a break rate that high, you should be using a sync gap with that cap. Go to JavaTC, plug in your specs for your power supply and spark gap (everything else is unnecessary for this test) then try various cap values until your spark length maxes out. I've found around 60% charge to be best for high BPS systems (I consider 700+ to be high bps) for your system that is 1.8nf, not 18nf. If you reconfigure for SRSG, using that cap, expected performance results are the same, 23 .3 inches. So you have two options, shrink your cap a lot, or slow your gap down a lot. I like high bps systems, but on such a low current, let alone fixed current, I hate to admit but SRSG might be a better route...

Scott Bogard.