From: "Brian Hall" <brianh4242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:40:45 AM
Subject: [TCML] Inductance of elliptical coil?

I am looking for formulas to calculate the inductance of an elliptical coil, for use as a primary or secondary, in the shape of a flat spiral, or vertical helix, or conical spiral. Google showed me something about elliptigal integrals but I was never that good at calculus (that and 15+ years between being taught calc and not having used it since).

Does anyone know of such formulas, to determine inductance in henries or microhenries, and would be willing to share?