From: jimlux<jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 05:04:02
Subject: Re: [TCML] RE: 942C current?

On 2/28/11 10:10 PM, Etienne Dreyer wrote:
Hi everyone,
I was going to order the 942C series cornell dubilier caps (2kV, 0.15uF http://www.cde.com/catalogs/942C.pdf ), but am now worried that their current (amps) ratings are too low for my MOT driven coil. Should I order the more expensive 941C caps (1.2kV, 0.22uF http://www.cde.com/catalogs/941C.pdf) although their dV/dT ratings aren't as good? Does someone know which are better for the high current output of MOTs?
Many thanks,
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

942 are better than 941 for TC applications.

Check back in the archives for the test data and analysis by Terry Fritz.