Re: [TCML] Secondary Repair Question

> I've successfully repaired mine by cleaning it with a Scotchbrite pad
> and alcohol, then recoating. Yours looks worse than mine did, but
> you still may get away with it. If you choose to sand, I'd be very
> careful to clean all of the sanding grit, as I've heard some fine
> sandpapers use a conductive grit.

    The version i heard, Electronic Tech Instructor, retired US Navy,
    diesel battery submarines, was specific to EMERY PAPER.  600VDC(ish)
    batteries, big enough to run the boat submerged.  Someone cleaned
    something with emery paper ( dockside retrofit) and when
    powered up....

    A quick dive thru references yields nothing specific, either
    way, 'emery' is a mix of minerals.  In any case, sanding
    copper/whatever will yield conductive dust...

    best
     dwp