Re: [TCML] wrapping caution tape around the secondary

James Hutton wrote:
Hello, I had some trouble coating the secondary with varnish.Im sure
it will still operate fine once the coil is done, but it looks bad
with bumps all over the coil.It looks really sloppy.
 I was wondering what would happen if i used adhesive spray
(http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/home-improvement/maintenance-repairs/best-glue-10000001683150/page3.html)and
then wrapped the coil with caution tape.I thought this might hide the
bad looking varnish job on the coil and make it look pretty cool.Will
this effect the coils output at all?thanks james

I would probably stick to something that didn't have a colorant in it if it was me. Terry Fritz used plastic wrap on one of his coils in lieu of a coating, and reported excellent results.

Those posts are still in the archives somewhere, with images of the coil available through one of the hot-streamer mirrors.

...and a 5 second search reveals it: http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2005/Mar/msg00257.html

Since hot-streamer.com is no longer available, you can use one of the mirror sites instead to view any link to hot-streamer, like http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot-streamer/ for instance.

As an example, the link to the image is given as:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PlasticWrap.JPG

and then the mirrored version becomes:

http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot-streamer/temp/PlasticWrap.JPG

Jon