Re: [TCML] DRSSTC CM600 Ringing

Tyler,

As others have noted, your waveforms don´t look all that bad. I have
never been able to remove the overshoot on the first transition myself.
My own unlearned explanation to this is, that the phase lead inductor
doesn't work before it has seen a reversal, but that is probably
nonsense.

What are you driving the gates of the bricks with? I ask because if you
whack them open really fast, then it is those rippely waveforms you'd
expect to get.
I have found that if I can open the gates with a nice swoop from the
gatedriver, without any ripple or overshoot on _that_ waveform, then I
also get calmly looking main bridge waveforms.
That's why I use discrete gate drivers with constant current sourcing
capability.
As long as the overshoot remains lower than 1200V you should be allright,
but I never liked any ringing, because i think it looks as if something
is about to break, it's "un beautifull", that's why I built the prediktor
in the first place.

Cheers, Finn Hammer