Re: [TCML] NST

Hi Cole,
     I don't really have a transformer for sale, but I do have some
encouragement.  One foot of spark from a 10/23 obit is actually
decent, in a perfect world we would expect two feet, but that also
assumes a rotary spark gap, or perfectly optimized air blown gap.  I
suspect you blew yours up by not using air, and setting your gap
spacing too wide, in the future don't do that, spread it no farther
than a micrometer past where it will self ignite on the transformers
own power with the tank circuit disconnected.  If you have no luck
finding an NST I might have an obit, but I would really rather not
part with it, and it has been quite abused anyway...

Scott Bogard.