[TCML] Vector Network Analyzer and TC

So, looking at alternate ways of tuning a TC (aside from tune for maximum bang, or using an oscilloscope, etc.)

Has anyone tried hooking up a VNA to a spark gap TC (not running.. instead of the HV transformer).

The impedance of a typical primary of around 40 uH at a fRes of a few hundred kHz will be some tens of ohms, so we're not too far off the 50 ohm Z of the VNA.

What does the S11 looking into the primary look like? It's two coupled LCs, of course.

(I just happen to have a VNA to try this with, and it occurred to me driving into work)